[Zope-CMF] How to save extra data with CMF-object

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:31:30 -0400

> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
>
> PropertyManager is somewhat icky from the perspective of
> maintainability:
>
> - It is a "flat" namespace;  in fact, it stores properties in the
> as normal Python attributes of the instance.

Am I confusing this with Property Sheets?

> - One can't look at a central location (e.g., the Python class,
> or ZClass, or the type object) to determine the schema for all
> objects of a given type.

...but OTOH, some collections of objects need that variability... you can't
always predetermine the schema, right?  Though one could specifically create
other kinds of containers to hold random collections of stuff.  But then,
for someone getting started, it increases development time since you then
have to create interfaces, management, etc. etc. which is already there for
Properties....