[Zope-CMF] Members only CMF?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:30:46 -0400

Jonathan wrote:

>> Go to the "Security" tab of a CMFSite, and remove all anonymous
>> permissions (uncheck acquired, too).  Voila!  you have what you
>> want.

> Looked at the Security tab, is it possible to have it set up that way by
> default when one creates a new CMFSite? The easiest way seems to amount
> to adding a few custom actions to the code that creates a new portal,
> adds the 'Members' folder etc.

We have a convention for setting up "customized" sites, which
is to write a script (PythonScript or ExternalMethod) which can
be run against a "stock" CMFSite.  In your case, the script would
run over all the permissions returned by the ZMI, setting (clearing,
actually) the permissions you want.

We are unlikely to add such a script to the product itself (but might
accept such a patch).