[Zope-CMF] Login

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:32:32 -0400

lene,

this is probably not possible if your intranet site and your zope site are
on different machines with different hostnames. the browser will not send
username and password information it collected on one site when you browse
to another site, regardless of whether your intranet site uses cookies or
basic auth. even the fact that both sites use the same user data on the
backend does not change this, it's just a basic browser "security" issue.

there is always the (pretty insecure) method of putting username and
password into the link that the user clicks to jump to the intranet. an
example of that can be found in your CMF, look for "registered.dtml" in
the portal_types tool under the "generic" skins folder. this is not secure
because username and password are sent across the network in clear text,
however, if both your sites are internal and not accessed from the outside
that might be all you need.

a more complicated way of doing it would be at the user folder level, but
this would require writing python code. your link on the intranet site
could have a query string with a username and encrypted password that
would be tested for and compared with the encrypted version of that user's
password in the user folder.

jens