[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope-dev] ZEO-strangeness.

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
23 Jul 2001 14:14:15 +0200

[Chris Withers]

| Do each of the clients have copies of the skins folders?

Each of the clients have the Filesystem Directory Views in
portal_skins, yes.  Only one of them is showing any skins, though.
Strange.

| They probably need to, but this feels semantically odd :-S

Yes, this whole ZEO shebang where you can have different versions of
software running the same instance from the same Data.fs has me
seriously baffled.  That's two or more places to keep the same
information (and you are always assuming it is the same information;
lib/python for example); administration-hell if you ask me.  It just
doesn't sound like a good idea.  The Right Idea, even.

But I'm hoping I've misunderstood.  :)