[Zope-CMF] Member Data Question

Tim Fouracre jhgfjhgfjhgfjhgf@hotmail.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:24:36 +0000

>If you look at the roster form, you'll see that the properties
>returned are attributes of the getRoster() method.  If you look at the
>MembershipTool, you'll see that this method only returns a subset of
>member data tool.  To get attributes of a member, you need to get a
>member object from the MembershipTool, for example:
>
>   <dtml-let member="portal_membership.getAuthenticatedMember()">
>     <dtml-var "member.company">
>   </dtml-let>

Yay, I have it half working.
getAuthenticatedMember gets details about only the current logged in user,
but in the roster i want to display details about all users, so i tried
using getMemberById instead, this worked fine for me as manager, but when i
tried logging in as a test user i found that i didn't have permission to
view the roster.
I did some searching and found
http://cmf.zope.org/design/interfaces/tools/IF_portal_membership
which seems to imply that there is no function that returns all members
details for a user with anonymous permissions, only one that returns their
home folder/url.
So what can i do now?
Thanks for your help so far
Cheers