[Zope-CMF] How to perform a simple list of replies to a discussable object?

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:31:24 -0500

I'm trying to perform a plain list (not tree-like) of all the current
replies (attributes included) to a particular discussable object. Although
I've looked at the methods currently available at DiscussionItem.py, and
tried with the most appealing like getreplyResults() and  getReplies(), I
haven't suceeded.

"talkback.getReplies()"  retrieves an instance, but when itemized using
dtml-in, the results are still nested one in another.   getreplyResults()
doesn't retrieve anything at all.

I also tried to iterate the objects within de container, and although
"talback.objectIds()" seems to be the only thing currently working,  it
doesn't let to get the properties, whatever I've tried; objectValues() tries
to break a security layer and ask for authentication; and objectItems()
causes an error, guess related to the previous security issue.

Obviously I'm quite confused. Does anyone in the list tried this and have
this feature working. ( a plain simple, not in tree, list of replies
including its titles and texts)? Would you please paste the code as well?
:)

Thanks in advance,

Ausum