[Zope-CMF] Using CMF without portal like features

Lynn Walton waltonl@franklin.edu
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:01:14 -0500

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make use of CMF for a site
where for now I don't to get into a portal like look with membership,
etc.
I want the main zope root itself to be able to use the CMF Document
type, etc, and be skinned using ZPT, but I don't want stuff to end up in
a member's folder, or for the pages to have the typical portal
action_box or login option.   I want users who have been given access
using the usual ZMI user folders to be able to create CMF Documents in
our various subdirectories under the zope site root.

I've seen very little beginner info that starts with using the different
types of CMF content types, despite having search through the docs and
exploring numerous times.  I believe that many other web developer's are
going to have this same need to have some sites that aren't portal
oriented for end users, but that still take advantage of the CMF
framework for either workflow or separation of presentation and content
or both.  So, I'd sure like to see some good tutorial docs geared toward
that.

Also, can PageTemplates macro's and tal expressions be used inside a CMF
document? Or can they only be used in a PageTemplate document?

Thanks
Lynn