[Zope-CMF] File support: some resources

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:22:03 +0100

> > Word *
> > Excel
> > Powerpoint
> > Photoshop *
> > PDF *
> > Illustrator
>
> That lot would do me more than happily. I think just word and excel would
> actually cover the vast majority of applications. Of course, building a nice
> extensible way of doing this would future proof it :-)

I reckon we've already got the extensible bit - it's called the CMF :)
Support for Word's pretty much there - certainly I'll have something
finished within a month or two which will be perfectly good.

Here's some resources I know of - if anyone else has any suggestions,
please chip in.

A good Excel -> html converter

http://www.xlhtml.org/

Imagemagick would do the trick with PSDs and any other image format in
the world.  It's a shame the pyMagick module seems to have disappeared
from the face of the web.

http://www.imagemagick.org

wvSummary can display all the summary info from all office files,
which would be a touch more useful than just knowing the mime-type.
But wvware only actually converts word docs.

http://www.wvware.com

I've heard tell of a powerpoint to html conversion utility called
ppthtml, but I can't find it anywhere.

seb