[Zope-CMF] Error Message

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:31:34 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010601 00:24]:
> I'm seeing this on Zope startup:
>
> ------
> 2001-05-31T19:44:40 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install CMFDefault
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File D:\ZOPE\23228D~1.2\lib\python\OFS\Application.py, line 619, in
> install_pr
> oducts
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
>     (Info: CMFDefault)
>   File D:\ChrisW\Zope\current\Products\CMFDefault\__init__.py, line 194, in
> init
> ialize
> AttributeError: addPortalTypeHandler
>
> It doesn't appear to have any bad side effects but what does it mean?

It provides glue between NullResource content_type hooks and CMF
object types, basically a mimetype registry .  Tres and Shane have done
a new implementation which I've not tried yet, which is TTW
configurable, and is in the CVS, which may have changed how this call
works.

Anyway, it shouldn't effect you unless you're trying to upload using
webdav or ftp.

seb