[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Customizing / borrowing code from /manage/ screens

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:08:15 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

>>>For ex, I used the "Folder contents" to add a few folders &
>>>documents.  But when I clicked on "view", they didn't show up.
>>>So,
>>>
>>>A)  How do I get them to show up?
>>>
>>Customize the 'index_html' of your site to show them, using
>>straght-up DTML (or ZPT) coding.
>>

> Won't that circumvent th workflow system?

No.  The workflow system doesn't depend on being enforced by DTML,
although some of the skin tries to help by "hiding" inappropriate
stuff without causing a traceback.  As Andy McKay's site immortalizes
Chris Petrilli, "never write a workflow system in DTML."

The 'index_html' in the skin is only used for non-content, especially
for folders, which don't have a TypeInformation object specifying
their actions (even folders are likely to change that soon).

> Is there a more generic way to get stuff to show up when it should?

Customizing skins *is* the generic way of changing the "default"
presentation.

Tres.