[Zope-CMF] Re: portal_metadata NameError (actual CVS version)

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:17:42 +0200

Sorry Tres to disturb you another time,

I didn't answer to the first e-mail because it seemed clear for me that it
was not the problem of the _not_ (!) missing 'portal_metadata'. In my
version it is installed per default.

So, do I have to configure somewhat?

> I think so:  the Manager user probably has a different skin
> selected in his "Preferences", and that skin likely has a
> customized version of the 'metadata_edit_form' which "hides"
> the new one.
I don't think this is the problem. Manager and the Member both use the
Basic skin.

To be sure I set up a new CMF from the scratch to see if I had changed
somewhat I did not realize.
Steps I've done:
 - Deleted the four CMF* Products in the ZMI Products folder
 - Stoped Zope
 - Deleted the Products in the filesystem products folder
 - Got the most actual version of CMF out of your CVS
 - Copied the four CMF* Products to the filesystems products folder
(INSTANCE_HOME)
 - started Zope (2.3.2)
 - Added a new fresh CMF test site

 - I added a new Member through the CMF's action_box

--> As before: If I want to change the Metadata as Member I got the error
               If I want to change the Metadata as Manager it's all ok

> Go ahead and add the 'portal_metadata' tool to your site;  it
> shouldn't cause anything to break, as the default policies for
> everything are completely permissive.
The portal_metadata Tool was installed automaticaly by adding the CMF site.
If I try to install it another time I get a error message saying that it is
installed already. So it should not be a missing Tool.

Greg

Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org