[Zope-CMF] Re: Zope.org feedback

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:19:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, David Kennedy wrote:

> Can you point me to a procedure for upgrading from CMF 1.0 ?

Hmmm, good point.  I need to draft such a beast, so let me use
you as a sounding board.

  Installation

    1. Copy your "working" products off to one side (in case
       you need / choose to revert).

    2. Unpack the tarball into a separate location; copy or
       link the subdirectories into the 'Products' directory of
       your INSTANCE_HOME.

    3. Restart Zope.

  New tools

    'portal_metadata' tool

      1. From the ZMI of your CMFSite, select "CMFDefault Tool"
         from the Add list.  Select "Default Metadata Tool" and
         click "Add".

      2. Configure the "Elements" tab, particularly the "Subject"
         element (give it "suggested" subjects, perhaps by
         looking at the values on the search page).

    'portal_syndication'

      1. From the ZMI of your CMFSite, select "CMFDefault Tool"
         from the Add list.  Select "Default Syndication Tool"
         and click "Add".

      2. Use the "Properties" tab to enable syndication for the
         site (if desired), and then to configure the "sitewide"
         policies for outbound syndication.  Once enabled, you
         will be able to toggle syndication and policies for
         individual folders as well.

  New content type:  Event

      1. Build and run the installation ExternalMethod as
         described in CMFCalendar/INSTALL.txt.

Thanks for pointing this out;  please let me know if you
encounter any difficulties.