[Zope-CMF] Revisions & CMF

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 23:50:10 +0100

> I see this.  Would it make more sense to keep all revisions of specific
> objects or to keep only "marked" revisions of specific objects?

>From an application point of view, all revisions of specific objects.
However, in implementation, not all ZODB version would need to be kept, just
those marked as an 'application revision' if that makes sense?

> very well with mounted databases.  www.zope.org/Wikis, which also hosts
> dev.zope.org, is still running a mounted ZEO database and it has never
> been packed.  Amazing but true, and now if we ever need it we have a
> nice long historical trail to look at.

Eeek... now people can find all those rude comments I deleted and sue me ;-)

very cool though :-)

> > The content type I proposed would cover this and is quite simple to
> > implement should anyone need it, so I'm not saying the revisions tool
> > _should_ deal with the above, just as long as people are aware that it
> > doesn't.
>
> Maybe it will, it just depends on the submitted use cases.

I think I'll butt out now, I have a solution which will solve my problem
(which is only hypothetical anyway right now)

cheers,

Chris