[Zope-CMF] CopySupport issues and control methods

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:20:04 +0100

> Hmm, I just last night checked in fixes to the "clipboard" methods so that
> they both check for the required REQUEST values ('ids' or '__cp') and
return
> an appropriate 'portal_status_message' to the user if they aren't found.

Yup, but that won't catch the case where the thing being cut and pasted
doesn't exist where it says it does in the __cp data. Also won't help with
silly things like trying to rename an object to a name already in use. And
all the other wierd and wonderful situations the CopySupport handles
already.

It's a shame CopySupport's exception raising is so interesting. If it raised
class-based exceptions (idea: could MessageDialog actually be implemented as
a class-based exception? hmmm....) and those classes were exposed to
PythonScripts (are there more exceptions available in RestrictedPython in
Zope 2.4?), this could all be handles a lot mroe cleanly and nicely.

> I'll look at folding your stuff in with this;  please upload a tarball to
> the dogbowl, and send a link.

Thanks, I've mailed it to Shane and asked him to pass it on :-)

cheers,

Chris