[Zope-CMF] Portal Discussion

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 15:59:12 +0100

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > I think I'm being dumb :-S
> >
> > How do I delete replies to portal content?
>
> First you write an ExternalMethod to do it for you (the current
> implementation has no direct knobs to do it, as it wasn't a
> requirement for PTK/CMF).

Hmmm... okay, I wasn't being dumb then :-)

To be honest, the idea of the talkback attribute and of content specifying
whether or not it can be discussable doesn't feel quite right to me, as I
see it:

1. The discussability of a piece of content should be decided by the
discussion tool, not the types tool.

2. Replies should be 'first-class' content objects:

   - let them be renamed.

   - let them be deleted.

   - the their author decide where to put them

For this last part, there should probably be a default policy about where
replies are stored (a python script in the skin could do this)

Anyway, to explore this, I think I'm gonna build a new discussion tool for
Swishdot. If people like it, then I'd be more than happy for it to land back
in the core :-)

cheers,

Chris