[Zope-CMF] Error: no variable named 'portal_metadata'

Ricardo Newbery newbery@dvgroup.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:15:49 -0700

At 11:10 pm -0400 6/3/01, Tres Seaver wrote:

>>Second, I'm getting an error whenever while in the 'Member' role I
>>try to add any (?) content.  The first screen I get after I select
>>a content type always (?) gives me the following error:
>>
>>    This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or variable
>>    There is no variable named 'portal_metadata'
>

>The skin now needs the 'portal_metadata' tool, which you should be able
>to add to the CMFSite from the ZMI, using the "CMFDefault Tool" item
>in the add list.
>
>Sorry for that confusion, we should've noted it as an "upgrade TODO".
>
>Tres.

Hmm... I'm confused.  I see a 'portal_metadata' tool already in the
root of my CMF site.  I tried anyway and got the following error...

  Error Type: Bad Request
  Error Value: The id "portal_metadata" is invalid--it is already in use.

Any other suggestions?

Ricardo Newbery
newbery@dvgroup.com