[Zope-CMF] Error: no variable named 'portal_metadata'

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:49:07 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> [010604 04:42]:
> Ricardo Newbery wrote:
> > Second, I'm getting an error whenever while in the 'Member' role I try
> > to add any (?) content.  The first screen I get after I select a content
> > type always (?) gives me the following error:
> >
> >    This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or
> > variable
> >    There is no variable named 'portal_metadata'
>

> The skin now needs the 'portal_metadata' tool, which you should be able
> to add to the CMFSite from the ZMI, using the "CMFDefault Tool" item
> in the add list.

No, there is definitely a bug.  See my previous mail:

  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-June/007104.html

In short, there's a permissions problem accessing portal_metadata -
I've confirmed this by trying to view edit_metadata_form logged in as
admin, and it works; trying to view it as a Member fails.

I'm afraid I haven't the time right now for further bug-hunting...

Cheers,

seb