[Zope-CMF] behavior of CookedBody

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 06:39:56 -0400

marc lindahl wrote:

> Never mind, I figured it out...
> FYI, portal_catalog doesn't return anything useful, you need to use one of
> it's 'get useful info' methods, like getUrl(), getPath(), or in my case, I
> wrapped the stuff I was doing in a <dtml-with "getObject()">

The catalog can populate only what it knows;  in this case, it would have to
cache the value of CookedBody in its "schema".

I don't advise this, as it would mean keeping an unnecessary additional copy
of the rendered body of each Document (w/ derivatives);  using 'getobject()'
to get to the "real" object is the Right Thing (TM) in this case.

I will probably be adding a more "generic" method than CookedBody (e.g., it
will work for Images and Links, as well) to the 'Contentish' interface very
soon (after 1.1final).  This method will return the "guts" of an object,
suitable
for injecting into another page (your table cell, or a div, for instance).
We need such a common method in order to make "composites" possible.