[Zope-CMF] Breadcrumbs

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:12:10 +0100

> This is excellent! I folded it into a site I've been making "on the side"
> for a church group; it looks wonderful.

Thanks! Glad you like it :-)

> I did trim out the "portal_title"
> bit, as it didn't feel as though it was adding value.

Yeah, Initially I just had the first '/' as a link to the portal root, but
that looked and felt nasty (very small thing to click on ;-)
So, I came up with putting the Portal Titles there, which made sense to me
but I could see how it might not work if the portal had a long title.
But, I figured it'd make sense for most people, and hey, if they didn't like
it, that's what the 'customize' button is thee for :-)

> Any reason I shouldn't
> fold it into CMFDefault/skins/generic?

Well, apart from waiting for the other stuff I've been playing with, nope
:-)

> Looking forward to seeing the rest of your stuff!

:-) You'll need to fold in the patch to FSPythonScript.py to get a lot of it
to work as I find binding the namespace and moving logic from DTML to
PythonScripts has made a lot of the methods much shorter and easier to
understand, while factoring out some of the logic as thrown up a few
commonly used bits, like iconHTML...

cheers,

Chris