[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:17:52 +0100

I havent had a chance to play properly with the new metadata tool yet, but
it's a great idea IMHO, and I wondered whether people think it would be
useful to start compiling a list of standard subject/metadata lists?

For example, you can get the category hierarchy list from dmoz.org from
http://dmoz.org/rdf.html ; and the NewsML Topic Set from
http://www.iptc.org/ (click on Subject Codes in the menu near the top letf).

Both of these are in XML, so it should be possible to automate importing the
whole thing, or just a branch to suit the needs of your site? Could save
people a lot of time trying to invent their own categories?

Does anyone know of any other useful examples, either general, or specific
to a certain subject/industry? If you want, mail them to me and I'll compile
a list to post back here... or maybe it would be useful on a page on the
dogbowl?

Cheers, Jon