[Zope-CMF] Proposal: Additional member properties to allow anonymous viewof the member roster

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:02:25 -0400

Grégoire Weber wrote:
> For a demonstration I am customizing the CMF and I like to list
> the members (in my case: organisations) at the portals front page
> to allow fast access to the organisations sub front pages.
>
> To allow this I made the following temporary changes (se code
> snippets below):
> 1) I declared public the getRoster() method in MembershipTool.py
> 2) I commented out the isManager check
> 3) I called getHomeUrl with verifyPermission=0 instead of 1

Have you considered simply changing the default value of the "listed"
property to "true"?  Go to the portal_memberdata management screen and
turn on the checkbox. :-)

Shane