[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:15:55 -0400

> From: "Jon Edwards" <jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk>
>
> 2. Your list of subjects could perhaps be a flat list (e.g. "Health",
> "Health - Medicine", "Health - Medicine - Brain Surgery", "Health -
> Medicine - Diabetes"), then you could use Topics/Subtopics queries or
> Catalog Queries to do the displaying for the end-user?

Seems like a kludge though...  I think the drop-in indexes promise to get us
AND searches on Subject...

> Going off at a tangent, does anyone ever get the feeling that you maybe need
> two portal_catalogs? One for end-user searching, topics, etc. and one for
> the internals, composite-docs and that sort of stuff?

Not really, because you can define your own indexes and what's stored from
each object, so you can carry around both in the same catalog...