[Zope-CMF] Proposal: Additional member properties to allow anonymous viewof the member roster

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:22:12 +0200

Shane,

I am very pleased about your (and the other peoples at DC)
prompt answers! Thanks!

Ok, I've found the checkbox. Sorry, I didn't look at this
management screen before.

But it didn't solve the problem entirely because 'getRoster'
is declared protected. I changed it to declarePublic (see
diff below). This solved the problem with the redirect to
the login_form!

Did I found a bug or is it intended not to show the roster
to anonymous surfers?

So far so good.

getRoster with only especialy selected members

Additionaly, I would be interested in a feature to get only
especially selected members (selection by Manager). I'd like
to list only special members (or organisations, see my first
e-mail below) at the front portals page.

e.g. if I call portal_membership.getRoster(onlySelected=1)
in a DTML file i get only the selected ones. To achieve this
behaviour there is a need of an additional property.

I would be interested to implement this small enhancement.
Could you point out where possible changes have to be made?

RCS file: /cvs-repository/CMF/CMFDefault/MembershipTool.py,v
retrieving revision 1.6
diff -r1.6 MembershipTool.py
133,134c133,134
<     security.declareProtected( CMFCorePermissions.ListPortalMembers
<                              , 'getRoster' )
---
>     security.declarePublic( CMFCorePermissions.ListPortalMembers
>                           , 'getRoster' )

Greg

At 10:02 05.06.01 -0400, you wrote:
> Grégoire Weber wrote:
> > For a demonstration I am customizing the CMF and I like to list
> > the members (in my case: organisations) at the portals front page
> > to allow fast access to the organisations sub front pages.
> >
> > To allow this I made the following temporary changes (se code
> > snippets below):
> > 1) I declared public the getRoster() method in MembershipTool.py
> > 2) I commented out the isManager check
> > 3) I called getHomeUrl with verifyPermission=0 instead of 1
>
> Have you considered simply changing the default value of the "listed"
> property to "true"?  Go to the portal_memberdata management screen and
> turn on the checkbox. :-)
>
> Shane

Grégoire Weber
Rigistr. 31