[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets? - Composite Docs

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:45:56 +0100

It all depends, I guess, on the requirements for composite docs.  In
my application, Members are responsible for creating whole pages,
rather than snippets of content.  Therefore, my composite container
will only be used and indexed as a single component.  Its
subcomponents will never be moved between composites, they're never
indexed in their own right, and they only take part in a workflow
through their container.

In your example, you wouldn't necessarily need a new state.  For
example, if you are presenting all objects exclusively in composite
docs, then you *could* allow components to be published, but the only
available interface to viewing them would be through published
containers.

cheers,

seb

* Jon Edwards <jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk> [010606 12:23]: