[Zope-CMF] Re: Working Offline :-S

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:34:47 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Today and tomorrow are my last days of working offline, looking forward to
> actually having web access again ;-)

On that note, I've been considering a proposal to add content via
e-mail:

  - Sender doesn't need to be "online" while composing (think, laptop at
    the beach, or on a convention floor).

  - Sender doesn't have to think (hard) about metadata;  we would harvest
    much of it from the RFC[2]+822 headers.  Those who did want to signal
    it (e.g., for 'Subject') could do so using the "stock" STX
representation::

     Subject: mail-in, content, authoring

  - People are already used to creating content this way.

  - Makes STX a "natural" means of creating content.

  - We could do something reasonable with MIME attachments.

Now, if I only had this implemented, I could CC
"Members.tseaver.proposals@cmf.zope.org" with this mail and get it
created for me. :)

> How's the CVS migration getting on? I'd love to be able to feed the patches
> in myself (observing whatever CVS etiquette you have in place of course)
> rather than add more to your stack...

I am not paying much attention to that project (not that it isn't
important;  just that it is on somebody else's plate).  The fishbowl
for it is at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeCVSMigration