[Zope-CMF] CMF things I'd like to see more doco on

Ian Clatworthy ianc@mincom.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:54:51 +1000

Hi all,

I've been using Zope for a few months and CMF for a few weeks now.
I must confess to being very impressed - congrats to all involved.

I'm about to roll out some portals for:

* a knowledge base for our product ("public" documentation)
* a project team portal ("private" documentation).

Zope+CMF is very cool so the initial reaction among my team
will undoubtedly be great. However, they will *quickly* need
details on adding content, administering things and authoring
using Structured Text. I've collected information on some of
these at the following URLs (which may assist others in a
similar situation):

* http://www.zope.org/Members/ianc/CMF_Links
* http://www.zope.org/Members/ianc/STX_Links.

Any assistance anyone can offer improving these (wrt CMF
information, in particular) would be most welcome, e.g.:

* what roles to allocate to users?
* how to manage PDF and Word doc?
* how to design portals to ease upgrades and copying?

There's also some details there on Structured Text Plus,
my thoughts on where STX should go from here (if anyone
cares).

Ian C.

PS: A final comment: CMF *really* needs an (updated) 'add-on'
page somewhere. Scanning the email archives has revealed lots
of great things but they aren't very public as best I can see!

--
This transmission is  for the intended  addressee only and is confidential
information.  If you  have  received  this  transmission in error,  please