[Zope-CMF] is there an egroup style archive? Problems after install

Jonathan Cheyne jonathan@nha.org.uk
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:51:36 +0100

Hi all, just tried installing te cmf beta 1.1 onto a virgin 2.3.2
install with little success apart from the broad creation of a portal
type folder etc. Users can register but content creation and editing
produces things like

                               Zope Error

                               Zope has encountered an error while
publishing this resource.

                               Error Type: AttributeError
                               Error Value: __getitem__

when trying the url jonathan/index_html/view

or

Debugging Notice

             Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.

             Cannot locate object at:
http://juno:8080/neworg/Members/jonathan/test/metadata_edit_form

when trying to add a document.

All this suggests I did something wrong.

I installed zope in the 'old fashioned' manner of just untarring,
/.installing and /.starting on 8080

I then copied the 4 (not decor) folders directly from teh cmf archive
into Products/ and then restarted zope. The 4 products now appear in te
ZMI.

I add on CMF Site, fill in the bits and done. I open it it and
everything looks normal (in that really spaced out ptk way! :-) but the
problem comes after loggin in. the icon next to the default index_html
is showing a broken image. and when you click on the file, you get the
second of the messages above.

It seems that it is not aquiring or finding any of the content
management dtml methods.

Any clues?

Cheers all

Jonathan