[Zope-CMF] Interesting outside link

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:30:18 +0100

seb wrote :

> Perhaps we should have a topic of link objects, sorted by recency?

>Yes, that's a great idea.

Jon >> I agree :-) I have lots of links on general content management
topics, and competing systems, shall I add the best?

Which brings up the subject of ranking items! ...once that functionality is
added, the resource would become even more useful

Here's a thought... if we use the current subjects (maybe add one for
"Competitors"?) for links, that should make it all searchable by members. As
we're adding news items through the week (before we summarise them on a
Friday), we can also categorise them by Subject, and that also means that
members could do a search, for example, on all items with a subject of
"metadata" and find our pointers to the list discussions, as well as the
other CMF resources? << Jon

> Then, with webdav, you can (1) drag n drop
>shortcuts, and (2) you can tweak the registry >so people's actual
>bookmark folder location is a folder in their >Member folder.

Jon >> Great idea! A bulk import facility would be nice too! :-) ...I think
the "Export Favorites/Bookmarks" facility for IE and Netscape produces a
fairly similar output file, which you could then import?

This would be handy on an intranet, for building up a kinda shared
knowledge-base of useful links << Jon

> The other idea was to use a javascriptlet on >the toolbar.  Users have
>to follow instructions on installing it, and >then whenever they want
>to bookmark a page on the Portal, they just >push a button.

Jon >> You're on a roll Seb! ;-)

Most of the weblog products have a "Blog This" bookmarklet, so it might also
be useful for Swishdot?

For anyone not used to the concept, check out www.bookmarklets.com - there's
some handy utils there for web-design.

Cheers, Jon