[Zope-CMF] Interesting outside link

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:20:55 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> [010611 12:09]:
> What does the filename or content-type look like for one of those?  I
> have a mapping there now for it for "url, link" (tests....oops, Link
> objects don't know from PUT).  We'll need to fix this too, then.  Please
> do let us know what the PUT will look like for Win32 shortcuts (filename
> pattern, content type, and file layout).

Well, it's a bit of a tricky one.  I couldn't find a spec for it
anywhere on the internet.  There's no content-type that I could find
either, so I invented 'text/url'.  Gnome uses the 'text/plain'
mimetype and doesn't use an extension, so I'm not sure how we could
hook it.  Win shortcuts always have the .url extension, and always
have a 'BASEURL' line in them, so the following seems to work fine,
but I can't be certain :)

    def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
        """Handle HTTP (and presumably FTP?) PUT requests"""
        self.dav__init(REQUEST, RESPONSE)
        body = REQUEST.get('BODY', '')
        url=""

        # could test here for different link types
	# the following works for Win Shortcuts

        match = re.search(r'BASEURL=(.*)\s',body)
        if match: url=match.group(1)

        self.edit(url)

        RESPONSE.setStatus(204)
        return RESPONSE