[Zope-CMF] How do you share a Skin Layer Folder between Portal instances?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:48:39 +0100

tav wrote:

> on a separate note, i have a question for you... when CMF originally started
> you wanted to know if you could serve a 'common' portal skins directory to
> all CMF sites below that
>
> ... did you ever find how?

I tried a patch, which made Zope quit :-(

I guess you could stick in on the FileSystem and use a DirectoryView to share ti
between portals. Would that work? Can you set up arbitary DirectoryViews from
within the management interface?

Other than that, no ideas, but I'd love to know if anyone finds a way to do this
:-)

cheers,

Chris