[Zope-CMF] Creating groups of users

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:30:52 -0400

Gitte Wange wrote:

> I was wondering if it in some way is possible to define a group of users,
> which has access to some documents and another group that has access to other
> documents in CMF ?
>
> Or just grant a user access to specific documents ?

You can define custom roles for your CMF site, and set up the
permission mappings for folderish subsctions of the site to allow
limited access to their contents.

If you want to protect items by their "types", rather than by their
"place", you will probably need to muck about in their skins to check
their roles programmatically, instead of allowing the Zope security
machinery's "declarative" security to limit access.  As an alternative,
you could derive custom content objects from the "stock" ones, and
re-map the permissions on their methods to a new set, available only
to the roles you have defined.