[Zope-CMF] (no subject)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:31:34 +0100

* Kent Polk <kent@goathill.org> [010613 21:27]:
> On 13 Jun 2001 14:35:00 -0500, seb bacon wrote:
> > Everything works fine, apart from the 'Product name' field for the
> > Types in portal_types.  This says 'CMFDefault' but I want it to say
> > 'JamkitTypes'.  Where does the tool get this info from?  Can I make it
> > happen automatically?  Did I explain that at all well?
>
> I did it the following way (I think I got this from ExtFile).  Note
> that this correctly (I think) fills out the tools defaults also...
>
> In my Product module I set the following defaults :
>
> # Factory type information
> # with the Types Tool (portal_types)
> factory_type_information =  {
>     'id': 'BioSample',
>     'meta_type': 'BioSample',
>     'description': 'BioSample Inventory Folder',
>     'product': 'BioSample',

D'oh!  That's it - I just forgot to change the product field in the fti.

> Note that I haven't figured out how to get the folder view methods
> to automatically use *my* BioSample folder methods instead of the
> default folder views. I think I would have to replace the default

I'm not sure I understand here, but I *think* you need to set the
directoryViews in Portal.py, and set your skinselection to be the
default (default=1)

> folder views with something that could detect when to use mine,
> with the current skins for folders, *and* I haven't figure out
> exactly how to get folderish items to have a correct workflow,
> which is something I eventually need for this, but ... first things
> first.

I got a folderish item to use its own workflow - mail me if you need a
hand.

seb