[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:26:38 +0100

Sorry Scott, I didnt understand what you meant before! :-)

So, with your modification, the ID of an object's parentfolder is
automatically added to its list of subjects? Do you have a kinda hierarchy
of folders making up the "structure" of your site, and news-items,
documents, etc. are added to the folders? Perhaps you could extend it, so
that the documents also pull in the subjects of their parentfolder - so if
you have a folder/page with subjects of "Marketing", "Product X", any
documents added under it will also "inherit" those subjects?

I think some people are having their users add docs in their Member section,
and then use Topics/queries to pull them together as a page. Your approach
wouldn't work for that situation, unless I'm missing something?

Cheers, Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Meilicke, Scott [mailto:scott.meilicke@intp.com]
Sent: 14 June 2001 01:36
To: Meilicke, Scott; 'seb bacon'; marc lindahl
Cc: Jon Edwards; Zope-Cmf
Subject: RE: [Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

OK, this is the second time I've posted to my own question - sorry!  I'm
going to stop reaching for the send key until I can ponder my problems a
little more thoroughly.
Anyway, here's what I did:
Modified metadata_edit_form to include:
<dtml-with expr="PARENTS[1]">
<dtml-var id>
</dtml-with>
between the <textarea></textarea> tags under the Subject.
You can't restrict what happens like you can with the tool, but it fits my
needs at the moment.
-Scott