[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:49:33 -0400

"Meilicke, Scott" wrote:
> What I didn't think of was the private/public thing.  What I want is for
> everything to be public instantly for all members of the workgroup folder,
> so in the interests of speed (I know very little python), instead of doing
> it the 'right way', I was just going to give everyone 'reviewer' privs
> within that workgroup folder - or something like that.  What I haven't tried
> yet is to see if an object created in a workgroup folder that is still
> private can be viewable by others that also have permissions in the
> workgroup folder.  In effect, private but viewable by the group, but not
> viewable by the rest of the company until published (this is an intranet
> project).

That's actually the "right way" IMHO.  It puts the burden on Zope's
security model, making it easier to modify later.

If workgroup members are granted the "View" permission when the object
is private, you'll have just what you're looking for, I think.  Keep in
mind that "private" is really nothing more than a state name and
permissions and transitions are what make the state meaningful.

Shane