[Zope-CMF] RE: WYSIWYG HTML document edit form

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:37:55 +0100

Thanks for the pointer... to save me joining up with Yahoo, is there any
useful functionality in theirs that isn't included in the one I posted? Is
it Netscape compatible?

After lengthy searching, it seems that there is no way to do the WYSIWYG
side of things in Netscape, though there are some scripts where you are
editing the HTML directly, and you have buttons to insert common tags.

However, Marc sent me a Java WYSIWYG editor applet that will work with any
browser that supports JDK 1.0.2, so if there are any Java hackers out
there....?

Cheers, Jon
FWIW, there's a nicely featured, self-contained javascript HTML editor
use in Yahoo! Mail. Just compose a mail in HTML mode to see it.