[Zope-CMF] get a members name / 'project' object into a member folder

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:37:53 +0200

Hi folks!

I'd like to have a generic index_html in every member folder showing up
news items. They should show only the news generated by the member. So I am
looking for a method returning me the members name so I can feed it in to
the catalog search.

So I have two questions concerning this:

1. Get a members name
---------------------

I'd like to have something like a getMember() (not getAuthenticatedUser()!)
but couldn't find that in the portal_membership interface. Should it be
there or can I get this information from an other place?

What I am doing now (as workaround) in the index_html method in the members
folder (Members/name/index_html) is:

   URLPATH1[_.string.rfind(URLPATH1, '/')+1:]

which returns correctly the string 'name'.

But I am searching for a better solution which is independant of the
members folder structure because I want to include this into the standard
header to save the information in the REQUEST for further use!

Is there a better solution? Hints for search would help also.

2. 'Inject' or (better) 'project' objects into a (member) folder from
somewhere
---

I'd like to have a generic index_html dtml method somewhere (best in a skin
folder) which will be show up as index_html dtml method in every Member
folder (automagically). More generaly said: Is there a possibility (a
tool?) to project a whole folder tree into the member area? I don't like
the idea of having copies of the same file in every member folder.

As I remember there was a discussion about a similar topic, but I don't
have any idea how to search the mailing list for messages.

Thanks in advance, Greg

P.S.: Zope/CMF is a great and real powerful tool, thanks for all who made
it work!

Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org