[Zope-CMF] When is a user not a member?

Geoff Benn G.Benn@ftel.co.uk
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:08:51 +0100

Hi Chris et al,

I've noticed this too. Now I have Zope 2.3.3 beta 1 with CMF 1.1 and the problem
persists.  Is this a bug, or perhaps an incomplete feature ? As a work-around I've
made sure that the closest acl_users doesn't have any entries. I also noticed that
folders were being created for all users in the closed acl_users the first time
someone tried to look at the roster ...

We are planning to have a number of portals, probably in a hierarchy, with an
LDAPLoginAdapter acl_users at the top (with CMFLDAP). I have turned off the existing
'Join' by removing permission 'Add portal member' from the 'Anonymous' role in the
root security.

It seems to me that the roster should just show those users who have a personal
folder under Members, and who wish to be listed - aren't these the true membrs ?. In
portal_membership | configuration | I have turned folder creation on. Hence my
members are those who have logged in and created a user folder, and wish to be
listed.

I currently have a work-around which lists all users who have a Members folder. I
have ditched the idea of not being listed [we're all friends here :-) , and I can't
easily do it ... ]

Regards,
Geoff