[Zope-CMF] Another CMF site to play with

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:37:07 +0100

Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> I've put up a CMF-based attempt at a new LWN.net daily page at:
>
>         http://newdaily.lwn.net/

Cool! I'd agree with Shane's comment that it looks more integrated - the
best features of CMF combined with your existing design.

How do you pull the content from the regular LWN page? Is it via internal
Zope stuff, or are you using RSS? Are you planning long-term to use
something like Blark weblog or Swishdot for this?

I'd disagree with your comment about folder_contents though Shane, if I may
be so bold! ;-)

Our test-users found it very unintuitive. On our sites, only editors see
folder_contents, and I hacked it a bit so that only sub-folders are listed
in the left-column, and only content-objects in the right-column. Are other
people using folder_contents for user-navigation?

Is it too early to suggest starting a list of CMF-powered sites? Might
reassure newcomers that CMF is really being used "in anger", and spark
discussions/case-studies that would be helpful for all levels of user?

Cheers, Jon