[Zope-CMF] Another CMF site to play with

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
23 Jun 2001 13:09:32 -0600

On 23 Jun 2001 13:37:07 +0100, Jon Edwards wrote:
> Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> >
> > I've put up a CMF-based attempt at a new LWN.net daily page at:
> >
> >         http://newdaily.lwn.net/
> >

> Cool! I'd agree with Shane's comment that it looks more integrated - the
> best features of CMF combined with your existing design.

<dtml-var ditto>

s found it very unintuitive. On our sites, only editors see
> folder_contents, and I hacked it a bit so that only sub-folders are listed
> in the left-column, and only content-objects in the right-column. Are other
> people using folder_contents for user-navigation?

Honestly, that idea hadn't occurred to me ...

> Is it too early to suggest starting a list of CMF-powered sites? Might
> reassure newcomers that CMF is really being used "in anger", and spark
> discussions/case-studies that would be helpful for all levels of user?

If someone is collecting a list...

Well, for a site that looks very little like the default CMF install,
here is one in live development: http://www.immosys.com

http://bill.noreboots.com is another CMF site
and http://www.libc.org is yet another.

The first one is running the 1.1 beta at the moment, but should be 1.1
final (as should the others) within the next 24 hours ... provided the
upgrade goes well.