[Zope-CMF] Combining regular Zope content w/ CMF

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:42:14 +0100

> Chris Withers mentioned yesterday in response to my question about using the
> CMF at my school that changes that would allow use of non-CMF content in a
> CMF portal had been checked into CVS. Can anyone confirm that? If that's
> true, then I think I'll start doing some experimenting.

Yes.

>From http://cmf.zope.org/download/CMF-1.1/CHANGES.txt:

Made it possible to map "normal" Zope objects as content (Tracker
#283):

- Skin and tool code which used to query the object for its Type in
  order to then ask the types tool for a TypeInfo object now just asks
  the types tool for type TypeInfo object directly.
- Modified the TypesTool interface to signal that passing an object to
  getTypeInfo is acceptable, with the semantic that the tool will
  attempt to find a TypeInfo object based on the tool's type or
  metatype.

seb

* Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com> [010627 14:01]: