[Zope-CMF] many CMF Portals or one big one?

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:51:06 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info about combining normal Zope content with the CMF. I
think that's the approach I'll start exploring in more detail.

Here's another design question:

As I wrote before, my site has school district folders in the Zope root
(H.R., schoolboard, etc.) and a folder for each school in the district. For
example:

/
 /hr
 /schoolboard/
 /sibley  (that's the high school)
  /science
  /math

etc.

I don't want reviewers from one school reviewing content from another. In
fact, I'd like to restrict what types of content the reviewers can review
even more than that. Is that possible?

Let's say that someone submits a summary of a Friday night football game. I
want to have a reviewer in the high school athletic office review that
content before it's published. I don't want someone in the music dept. to
review it. Until I decided to look more seriously at the CMF, I was
planning on having "school_name" (e.g., sibley) and "category" (e.g.,
sports) attributes in the news class. I was hoping to use this approach to
categorize content as well as identifying who could review and submit in
which categories.

I think I would like to have all the schools, in fact the whole district, in
one big CMF Portal. Can I do anything like what I've described inside one
portal?

This would seem to be very similar to what corporations would want to do
with their different departments, facilities, etc. I think this was
mentioned rather recently on the list, but I don't recall any being
resolved. Anyone have any advice?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org