[Zope-CMF] LOTS of Intelligent Subscribers

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:20:34 +0100

seb bacon wrote:

> * Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010628 17:38]:
> > > It wouldn't be much
> > > harder to add a 'subscribe' interface to the same metadata.  However,
> > > I'm not sure if this is the most scaleable solution...
> >
> > What limitations do you forsee?
>
> 10000 users all subscribing to a single document - would require some
> kind of bulk email facility in a separate process.

Ah yes, at this point the speculative 'portal_mail' tool would have to be
re-implemented to cope with offline mail sending.

And yes, the method off associating users with posts might need to be re-looked
at...

...that said, I'm happy to take Andy McKay's Microsoft Approach for now ;-)

cheers,

Chris