[Zope-CMF] ZOMA, support for Mailing ist Arhcives :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:29:50 +0100

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> ZOMA is a product for expressing email messages as CMF content.  I also
> created a script to create instances for messages from several maillists -
> many of the zope.org mailling lists and the python list.  The basic aim
> was to catalog a slew of messages (around 130,000) so we exercise the
> catalog a bit - and i could get acquainted with making a CMF product.  It
> worked.  I just started the site up, and it's not altogether fine, but you
> can try a search:
>
>   http://serenade.digicool.com:7290/CMFDev
>
> If anyone's interested, i can provide the product code - i don't think
> it's anything special.

Cool, the code for this might be really useful in our efforts to make the NIP
archives Zope rather than Domino based :-)

> It *is* nice to have email messages as CMF content - cataloged w/suitable
> metadata, usable in other applications, etc.

I can imagine...

> If anyone might be interested in building on the ZOMA product code (no big
> deal), let me know, i'd be glad to share it.

Yes please!

> I haven't been able to track the discussion, so this may be irrelevant -
> but i see great merit in having objects that have the threading/lineage
> information, and then being able to view them as weblog, wiki, maillist
> discussions, topics, whatever organizational presentation is suited to the
> moment.  *That's* a big win i see in the CMF.

Good point :-) I'll bear that in mind...

cheers,

Chris