[Zope-PTK] cmf cvs - this worked for me

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 21:36:50 -0500

ross,

the alternative acl_users stuff was added, among other things, to support
people like us who have existing user sources that will be used to feed into
the CMF.

when you instantiate the CMF you can choose between creating a new user
folder or using an old one, and when you go into the membership tool after
the portal is up you can set the automatic member area creation and you can
map existing roles from, say, your LDAP setup, to roles that the CMF
understands.

needless to say, i developed and debugged it against an LDAP backend.... :)

jens