[Zope-PTK] CMF some basic Q

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
15 Mar 2001 00:54:26 -0700

On 13 Mar 2001 21:37:37 +0100, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> > I'm not sure what happened with your logo.png.  But this is probably a
> > good enough time to explain an issue with the "Images" folder: since the
> > images are currently invoked in the skins by a name that includes
> > "Images", it's not as easy to override images in different skin layers.
> > Instead of asking for "Images/logo.png", the skins ought to be asking
> > for just "logo.png".  As it is now, you have to create your own "Images"
> > folder within a different skin layer then customize *all* of the
> > images.  It's just a matter of fixing DTML, though.
>
> This is now fixed in CVS. All references in DTML to Images/ have been
> removed, and 'Images' is now part of the skins' path. A Python Script has
> been included with the checkin that will update existing skin paths for
> you.

On a related note, is there any way short of a restart of Zoe to refresh
the filesystem non-customized stylesheets?

The ones provided don't expose enough (select a black background and
tell me how well your h[1-n] tags come out, for example ;) , and while
building a new one, it sucks to have to restart my zope server to see
the effect of moving a margin or two...

Bill