[Zope-PTK] CMF Dogbowl: workflow Proposal

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
19 Mar 2001 22:51:53 GMT

On 16 Mar 2001 23:10:02 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>Kent Polk wrote:
>> However, it appears to me that review-* actions are pretty hard-coded
>> into the CMF at this point.
>
>Think about it this way: if the new DefaultWorkflow.py weren't there,
>how many references to "review*" would there be?  Unless we've missed
>some, there would be none at all.  That means DefaultWorkflow.py fully
>encapsulates the CMF default workflow.

It's also in the dtml in :
CMFDefault/skins/content
CMFDefault/skins/generic

Which would be pretty easy to change. It might be nice for the
Actions box to automatically be able to iterate over other workflows
also, but expect that is why you intend to make WorkflowTool
folderish instead of just adding a mechanism to specify what
'default' workflow each object needs to use. Would make it easier
to iterate over the workflows in dtml, no?

>So, if the default workflow doesn't quite fit, the intention is that you
>replace or subclass DefaultWorkflow.  That doesn't mean you need to
>change CMFCore, but until the WorkflowTool is folderish, it does mean
>you need to make your own WorkflowTool.

I'm working on it. :^)

Thanks