[Zope-CMF] user interface

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:51:47 -0500

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> I remember to have read that a revamped user interface, more like the
> ZMI, was planned for release 1.0. Is someone working on this? If so,
> when can we expect it in CVS?

We originally planned to incorporate some of Ethan Fremen's new
"table-free" layout stuff in the CMF, which would allow the user
to do several cool tricks, e.g., "minimizing" the actions box.
At present, we will likely hold off on such an effort until Zope
Presentation (Page?) Templates land.

While we were never planning to make it look like the ZMI, we *do*
have a skins contest running, so enterprising community members
could be creating such a skin as we speak. :).