[Zope-CMF] PortalPoll access problem.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes@hal-pc.org
Tue, 01 May 2001 11:12:20 -0500

Hello all,

My review database is working okay for superuser, but has permission
problems for regular users.  It is almost certainly a simple permission
problem, but I don't know which switch to throw.  You can try it at:
http://www.linuxmednews.com/linuxmednews/LMNProjectsResources/ I
re-created the PortalPoll tutorial just to check my methods, and it has
the same problem in which I can get to the Title and Question screen,
then it hiccups when I want to actually add the instance, putting up a
login dialog box like I need more authority, then if I hit cancel
generating this message:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

-- IV

Site Error

              Unauthorized

              You are not authorized to access indexObject.

              Traceback (innermost last):
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 223, in publish_module
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 187, in publish
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 171, in publish
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
line 160, in mapply
                  (Object: EditDone)
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 112, in call_object
                  (Object: EditDone)
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line
189, in __call__
                  (Object: EditDone)
                File
/home/zope/zope5/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 538, in
__call__
                  (Object: EditDone)
                File /home/zope/zope5/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line
261, in validate
                  (Object: EditDone)
                File
/home/zope/zope5/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityManager.py, line 144,
in validate
                File
/home/zope/zope5/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py, line
225, in validate
              Unauthorized: (see above)