[Zope-CMF] Re: more prose about workflow changes

Jeff Sasmor jeff@janix.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 15:52:23 -0400

> Again, there's a bug on your site.  When everything is working right,
> nothing in the "private" or "pending" state shows up in the search
> results for anonymous users, nor can they get to it even via URL.  This
> is accomplished through the magic of the "allowedRolesAndUsers" field of
> the catalog.

No bug, just "duh".

> The right thing to do here IMHO is to make the owners of squishdots have
> the "Reviewer" role within their own area.

Did that - actually the site owner can allow self-reviewing or not
portalwide
or on a user-by user basis.

> Chris just came in here and pointed out something that might solve this:
> you have a special filesystem product, right?  In the constructors, do
> you call "WorkflowCore.afterCreate()"?  Currently that's the only way to
> let the workflow set up the initial object permissions.  It's not fully
> documented because it probably needs to be made transparent.

Well, the filesystem product isn't used in Blark, which just contains
Documents.  I did look at the code for the FS product and it doesn't
have WorkflowCore.afterCreate(). However, if I create an
instance and try to search for a word in the title, (as Guest, this time,
from the DUH department) nothing shows up in the results.

Once it's published it shows up. Can one assume that everything is OK if it
works in this fashion? I've made too many assumptions already today :-)

I can add it anyway, and I assume you mean in the
__init__ constructor as opposed to the add method.

Jeff Sasmor