[Zope-CMF] FactoryTypeInformation

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 18:07:47 -0400

> Believe it or not, this is actually "by design".  The issue is
> that maintaining separate "contstruction" and "editing" UIs is
> error-prone;  we chose to require that content be addable
> through a uniform interface.
>
> If you need to add a product which absolutely *must* have more
> arguments to be constructed, then you'll have to do some
> extra work.  E.g.:
>
> 1. Make a ScriptableTypeInformation object instead.
>
> 2. Have the script be / return a DTML method with the
> constructor form, which then POSTs to the "real"
> constructor method.

I'm with you... but I'm a little lost on #2.  Your howto shows how you could
add more arguments to a constructor, but I'm not seeing how you can call
something like the addForm of a product from the pythonscript...

in your howto (Using 'Scriptable Type Information'), in the python script
there's something like:

product.addNewsItem( id )

is that where you'd call a form?

product.manage_addFileForm